To make sure you don’t physically stress out while shoveling snow, we have some tips for you:
* Don’t wait until all the
snow is done. Go
outside every couple of
inches and scrape of the
next layer. This way you
make sure your
not shoveling anything to
* Don’t wait a day. The snow could melt and turn into ice.
* Try to shovel early in the day. The sun can help melt off remaining
snow and ice from walks and driveways.
* Be sparing with salt, it can destroy cement walks, steps and
* Dig out meters and mailboxes to help out your postal and utility
workers. Dig out fire hydrants if present in your yard as well.
* Help out where you can, if you have a snow blower and a public
sidewalk, do your neighbors walk once in a while. Help elderly
* Dig a path through the yard for your small dog to run, which will help
the sidewalks from becoming soiled.
* Buy snow shovels when you don’t need them yet, because when it
is snowing they are hard to find.
* And last, but not least, don’t pile up snow where water runs during
the melt off.